Why psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy?
If you have come to this website, you may be aware of the groundbreaking research being done around the world that has shown the effectiveness of psilocybin in combination with skilled psychotherapy to reduce depression, anxiety, and end-of-life distress for those living with an incurable diagnosis and/or receiving palliative care.
Foundational studies on psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy can be found at the following links:
How TheraPsil helps?
TheraPsil supports Canadians experiencing end-of-life distress to exercise their charter right to seek compassionate treatment using psilocybin, through application for exemption of section 56(1) of the controlled substances and drug act (CDSA).
These are the steps you may follow with our team:
- Check whether you qualify (see criteria below) & contact us
- Discuss with TheraPsil's clinical team about if psilocybin therapy is right for you
- If eligible, we will provide materials and support for your section 56 exemption application
- Wait for a response and/or approval of your section 56 exemption to access psilocybin-therapy
Do you qualify for TheraPsil’s Support?
If you meet all of the requirements below, you may qualify to be supported by TheraPsil in an application to the Minister of Health. If the Minister grants the application, you may further qualify for psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy.
- 19+ Resident of Canada, with a terminal diagnosis and/or receiving palliative care, or in remission
- As a result of your diagnosis, you experience end-of-life psychological distress (anxiety/depression/demoralization)
- You are interested in trying psilocybin, have identified a potential supply and are seeking legal protection and a supervised treatment program
- Your emotional distress has not successfully responded to other treatments
Please understand that unless your application for exemption is granted, TheraPsil is unable to provide psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy at this time or to provide a referral to those who might provide it.
Note: Psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy is not for everyone. Our screening processes serve to keep your unique situation in focus as we work together to determine if it is appropriate to proceed with the application.