Quantitative research: Before and After Survey Study
This study is the result of an international collaboration between researchers from McGill University and the world’s first Psychedelic Research Centre at Imperial College, London. The research process has been built upon Imperial College’s groundbreaking studies, which asks participants to complete standardized questionnaires before and after a psychedelic experience.
Your participation would be an important contribution to scientific research and would require no more than 5-60 minutes of your time to complete each online questionnaire.
- Do you have psychological or existential distress from a life-threatening diagnosis?
- Have you received an exemption issued by Health Canada to be legally eligible to possess and consume psilocybin-containing (“magic”) mushrooms for the expressed intent of alleviating end-of-life distress and improving quality of life?
- You have not yet to received your psilocybin treatment
We believe that participation in this project conveys no significant risk to you.
This project will advance the study of psychedelics. Further, if you so request, you may have access to your responses and scores on scientific questionnaires, which may allow you to better understand your treatment experiences.
Do I have to take part?
No. Participation is entirely voluntary. You may also withdraw from the study at any stage without providing any reasons. Participation/withdrawal will not affect your exemption or your psilocybin treatment.
What to expect:
A survey questionnaire will be sent to you via email at set time points before and after your psilocybin treatment:
- Baseline Questionnaire: This questionnaire should be completed up to two weeks before your psychedelic experience and will take approximately 40 mins to complete
- Pre-Treatment Questionnaire: This survey should be completed within 3 hours of your planned psychedelic session and ideally just before you take the relevant psychedelic. It will take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
- Post-Treatment Questionnaires: This survey should be completed on the day after your psychedelic session. It will take no more than 20 minutes to complete. This survey will also be sent again at 4 weeks, 3 months and 6 months after your psychedelic session.
How do I sign up?
If you decide that you would like to participate in this study, you can sign up using this link
Make sure you correctly fill in an answer for each question, otherwise you may encounter an error.
If you experience any technical difficulties, or if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our Research Director, Julia Joyes at email@example.com.