"Our training program is designed to train healthcare providers in how to safely and effectively guide a client on a therapeutic psilocybin experience. While a scholarly and didactic foundation is essential, the focus for our training is on the therapeutic skills required to achieve that objective. After 30+ years as a practicing therapist, I have felt firsthand the limitations of my field to consistently relieve people of the often devastating symptoms of conditions like depression, addiction, and PTSD. Psychedelic therapy is showing promise to significantly increase our effectiveness for these clinical populations. But it is a new way of treating clients so we must learn these new ways - this is what our training hopes to do.”
- Dave Phillips, Clinical Counsellor, TheraPsil Training Beta-Program Lead Facilitator
"A big thank you to Yasmeen and TheraPsil team for the fantastic Fundamentals of Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy Program that I recently completed. As a physician but also an educator I was impressed with not only the quality of the information provided but also by the highly interactive and innovative ways in which the material was delivered. I would recommend this program for other physicians (and non-physicians) interested in learning more about the role of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy for our patients and clients.”
- Dr. Fraser M Black, MD CCFP(PC) FCFP
Clinical Professor - Faculty of Medicine UBC
Palliative Care and Inner-City Medicine Physician
"What a rich and informative workshop! It’s a tall order bringing together clinical experience with medical knowledge and research, and still hold onto the heart and spirituality that often go hand in hand with this work. Bruce makes it look easy. He brings a level of insight, experience, compassion, humility and creativity to teaching that I have rarely seen. Thank you so much Bruce!”
- Tracy Lowe
MA, CCC, FAMI
Canadian Certified Counsellor
Accredited GIM Practitioner
TheraPsil’s fundamental mission is to provide access to psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy to Canadians in medical need. Our primary functions are patient-rights advocacy, assessment and referral.
To this end, we recognize the importance of developing a pool of suitably trained and trusted TheraPsil Clinical Associates to whom we can refer patients.
UPDATE: Over 100 healthcare professionals who are taking TheraPsil's Psilocybin-Assisted Training Program were denied access to psilocybin for experiential learning. We are now representing these healthcare professionals and are moving forward with an application for judicial review. To date, TheraPsil has trained 220 healthcare professionals in Canada and are working to expand our training offerings to the United States in 2022.
- A medical degree (MD, RN), or a graduate degree (MA, PhD) in psychology, counseling psychology, or a closely related field such as psychiatric social work or psychiatric nursing;
- Current good standing as a professional member of a provincial clinical counseling or psychotherapy association having a Code of Ethics and a disciplinary body;
- **Requirements 1 and 2 above may be relaxed to allow those in the process of completing a graduate clinical degree or professional registration, and credentialed spiritual/pastoral counsellors to attend a seminar in situations where a cohort is short one or two fully qualified clinical entrants prior to delivery.
- Preference will be given to applicants who already have some personal or professional psychedelic experience;
- Each applicant will be admitted to the training program following a successful interview with the Director of Training and Operations to assess personal and professional suitability.
TheraPsil is dedicated to prioritizing safe containers of healing for all Canadians in medical need, which begins with strengthening equitable access to our psilocybin therapy training program. As such, we will prioritize diverse and balanced cohorts as it pertains to BIPOC, LGBTQ+, as well as other self-identified non-dominant group applicants, who also meet the above eligibility criteria. We have reserved a minimum of 30% of training cohort spots for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other self-identified non-dominant group applicants.
Join the waiting list
If you are interested in learning more about how to apply to future cohorts of TheraPsil's training program, when available, please fill out the following form:
PLEASE NOTE: This curriculum is being evaluated by our beta-training program team, and may be subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions:
In collaboration with TheraPsil, Canadian researchers are conducting two ground-breaking scientific studies that we invite you and your patients to participate in. Your experience is extremely valuable and your participation would be greatly appreciated. Click the link below to learn more about these unique research opportunities.