May 25, 2022
(Quw’utsun’/ Duncan, B.C.) – Vancouver Island craft cannabis farmers, processors and psilocybin producers are invited to participate in a special one-day roundtable meeting in Duncan on Thursday, June 16 with patients, elected officials, community, business and Indigenous leaders.
The goals of the community roundtable are:
- to identify economic and social development opportunities common to Vancouver Island’s internationally recognized craft cannabis and psilocybin producers; and
- to discuss partnerships and pathways to achieve these opportunities in the public interest.
Among other things, discussion topics will focus on:
- collaborations with Indigenous, provincial and federal governments;
- domestic and international tourism;
- expanded medical access and treatment options for people suffering from chronic disease and addiction;
- safe and ‘green’ cultivation practices; and
- regulatory innovation.
This special event is co-hosted by the BC Craft Farmers Co-op and TheraPsil:
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2022
Location: The Hub at Cowichan Station
2375 Koksilah Road
Time: 9:30am – 3:00pm
Roundtable meeting space is limited. Please RSVP to email@example.com. A full event agenda and special guests will be published over the coming days.
Based on Vancouver Island, TheraPsil is a non-profit coalition of healthcare professionals, patients, and advocates dedicated to obtaining access to safe, effective, and legal psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for Canadians. Over the past two years, TheraPsil has successfully advocated securing more than 80 exemptions from the federal Minister of Health for Canadians to legally possess psilocybin (aka magic mushrooms) for medical purposes.
The BC Craft Farmers Co-op (BCCFC) was founded in 2020 to provide B.C.’s small cannabis producers and processors with a safe, accessible, and sustainable alternative to the illicit market and ensure BC’s international reputation as an international cannabis leader and innovator is maintained. BCCFC members and supporters include BC craft farmers, processors, nurseries, testing labs, independent retailers, consumers, and sector vendors.
TheraPsil Communications Director